Friday 8 November 2013

Bract Hat Pattern

IMG_7851
So, I've been in a hat knitting kinda mood lately. They are just the perfect project. Beautiful and practical and quick! Exactly the kind of knits I need. Life seems to be too busy for lace weight projects these days. Here is my latest obsession, my new Bract Hat pattern!
IMG_7868
I started off by playing around with a bit of 1x2 ribbing. I watched the ribbing flow, creating these diamonds around the hat. Then it came time for my favourite part of any hat, the decreases, and these ones do not disappoint! The large scale diamonds turn into ropey cables that create yet another set of diamonds... beautiful. Every single time I design a hat pattern I strive for this kind of crystal clear symmetry at the top. Those perfect decreases make my heart go pitter-patter! I hat originally intended to put a pom-pom on this hat, but there is no way I'm covering up those beautiful cables that come together oh-so-lovely at the top. 
IMG_7875
Knit with one skein of either TFA Green Label Aran Weight yarn or for something extra special Orange Label Cashmere/Silk Worsted Weight yarn this hat would make a great holiday gift! I knit mine in Sprout and I love it. It's funny how we go through phases. I'm really into hats and I'm really into this shade of green these days. 
IMG_7879

$4.00

Find all the details on the Bract ravelry pattern page here