Tuesday, 20 December 2011

Business Casual Sock Pattern - Free!

Business Casual sock pattern

My dad is the best and he deserves custom designed socks for Christmas. I've done it once before, and I think that this may become a new Christmas tradition! This year I decided that dad needed a pair of cool, preppy socks. So I designed these faux-argyle cabled socks. You get the fun diamond shapes of argyle, but without all that tricky stranded knitting and with the added bonus of lots of cool texture!

Business Casual sock pattern

If you too have a cool dad (or mom, or sibling, or friend) who needs a smart pair of socks, why not knit them some Business Casual socks!? I think I may cast on for a pair for myself next. :) 

Knit in TFA Blue Label Fingering Weight yarn one skein is plenty for a pair of socks (small or large). Kick it up a notch and make them extra luxurious by knitting them in TFA Purple Label Cashmere sock yarn! The socks pictured here (which are already wrapped up and under the Christmas tree for dad) were knit in the Atlantic colourway.  

As an early holiday gift from me to you I've made this pattern available for free!  

Ravelry pattern page here

Happy holidays!

20 comments:

  1. Thanks Tanis this made my day! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I love the look of this pattern and Atlantic is one of my favorite colors. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are awesome! Thanks so much for the free pattern. This doesn't however help with my current sock wip situation ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are gorgeous and I'm sure your Dad will love them.

    Thanks so much for the free pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, they are just perfect! I think I found my pattern for January KAL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so talented! These socks are very cool, and that is one lucky dad :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Tanis, these socks are sooo pretty. My dad also likes hand knit socks but has a few rules for me to follow. They are solid colors such as blue, black, and brown! And nothing to frilly! This pattern is sure to thrill me as I work on them and meet my dad' request such a win-win. Have a wonderful holiday season with all of your family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful socks! Lucky Dad!! I just wish I were brave enough to tackle the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely pattern! Thank you and have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooh, they are amazing!! I love the design.

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks for the early present! a true stocking stuffer - free patterns!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love these socks, just the right amount of texture... I think the faux argyle is perfection! Another fantastic design Tanis!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely socks & I love the stitch pattern. Thanks for free pattern. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome pattern! Thanks for making it free! Do you think that 1 skein of Blue Label would be enough for the size Large circumference and for a size 12 foot length?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Tanis! I was keeping an eye out for this pattern. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for this beautiful pattern !

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! Maybe these can be partner's Valentine's Day gift. When I saw the WIP, I was excited by how they look. I hope you are enjoying your Christmas vacie!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow I really like this pattern. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for this patern.
    I'm joining Susan B Anderson's Kal Feb 4 - March 25 th

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for an excellent, well-written pattern. I'm working on my second pair of these socks ... wore the first pair recently and got loads of compliments (and requests from other knitters for the pattern). I love that there are only 2 yarn tails to weave in at the end; so many sock patterns have you break the yarn at the heel. Also, until this pattern, I had trouble making the picked up stitches along the heel gusset look smooth, and often had a gap between the heel and foot stitches that needed to be sewn up later. No more, thanks to this pattern!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment! I love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to answer questions right here in the comments, so if you ask a question, be sure to check back because the answer might be here waiting for you! If you have a really specific question that deserves a more in depth answer be sure to leave your e-mail address in your comment so I can get in touch with you.