Wednesday 20 November 2013

Club - November 2013

Pemba2
Can we just take a moment to admire how gorgeous this photo is? The autumn light, the coat with those knits and Julie's hair colour... gorgeous! 

This month's Club shipment officially wraps up the 2013 Year In Colour Club - and what a year it's been! I think a proper Club wrap up post is in order, but for today let's focus on November's awesome yarn/pattern combo shall we? The Pemba Mitts and Headband designed by Julie Crawford to use every last yard of the November Club Colourway Saffron. We featured Yellow Label DK Weight yarn this month, lots of yardage, lots of potential for perfect cozy accessories. 

This month was exciting for me for two reasons:

#1: yellow's are always challenging for me - but I LOVE this Saffron colourway. 
#2: Julie surprised me with not one, but TWO designs for this lovely skein. I mean this in the best possible way - Julie is thrifty. Not cheap, just not wasteful. I love that about her. I think that it would really irk her to design a pattern that only takes 60% of the skein - that's 40% of the yarn gone un-used! So she went the extra mile and gave us a coordinating headband so no yard of yarn gets left behind!

We really hope that you've enjoyed the Club this year. We've got lots of exciting things planned for next year already, here's hoping you can join us for another year full of colour!
Pemba4