Wednesday 10 July 2013

Midnight Sunnyside

IMG_5800
Pattern: Sunnyside by me!
Yarn: TFA Purple Label Cashmere Sock in Midnight
Ravelry project page here.

Apparently, the secret to knitting with a newborn is to go on road trips! Our trip to the farm provided me with 7 hours of in car knitting time. 7 hours of being strapped into the passenger seat with nothing to do but knit. I started and finished the entire body of this sweater on that road trip. I then brought the sweater with me every single time we were in the car. Even just a 10 minute drive could give me a few rows of a sleeve!
IMG_5797
I am continually amazed at how beautiful the Midnight colourway is. It's so rich and saturated. I loved it when I used it for the main colour of my Coolbreeze Cardigan in DK weight, but I think that the deep, saturated colourways really are at their very best in the cashmere blends like my Purple Label yarn. The extra lushness of the cashmere and the intensity that we achieve in that base is beyond. This sweater is adorable and Rowan will look terrific in it this fall.