Thursday 4 July 2013

Frosty French Cancan

IMG_5930
Pattern: French Cancan by Mademoiselle C
Yarn: TFA Orange Label Cashmere/Silk Worsted in Frost
Ravelry project page here.

This pattern has been all the rage on Ravelry as of late and I can totally understand why. It's beautiful and simple and interesting, a triple threat. It's also extra neat because it combines lace and cables at a thicker gauge. We're all so used to lighter, fingering weight lace shawls. This pattern was written for DK weight, and I upped the anti even more by working it in worsted weight. The results are lovely, squishy, cozy and warm. The perfect pretty thing to wrap around your shoulders. 
IMG_5933
Honestly, I cast on for this project thinking that I was knitting it for myself. I loved the pattern and chose Frost as the colourway that I'd like to wear it in. But then my mom came over and when I showed her my WIP she commented that it would be perfect for Grammy, maybe she would knit one for her too and we started chatting colours. It became clear very quickly that Grammy would love this colourway and I decided that I was now making this for her, not me.
IMG_5927
As I'm planning to part with this one I just might have to cast on for another soon. It really was a pleasure to knit and I think that the finished results are just stunning. In the Orange Label yarn it's incredibly soft. My sister liked it so much after modeling it for me that she's opted to knit one for herself in DK weight Lilac. I'm looking forward to seeing hers finished too, so much love for the Cancan!
IMG_5926