Tuesday 28 May 2013

TFA Tuesday - Modified Gemini

GeminiCollage
I'm sure that you've all seen the super popular and super lovely Gemini Tee design by Jane Richmond published in the Spring/Summer 2012 issue of Knitty. Well, this is Jane's modified version of her own pattern. She's switched up the summery cotton yarn for TFA Yellow Label DK Weight in Olive and added 3/4 length sleeves. And I have to say, I'm crazy about her mods. As you may have noticed, I don't knit much with summery yarns, I'm a wool girl. And probably because of that I don't knit many summery knits. I've knit 1 cotton tank and I wore it maybe once or twice just out of a sense of obligation. Jane's mods are right up my alley. All the beauty of the original design, the impact is all in the yoke after all,  but with the Tanis friendly 3/4 length sleeves to make it totally wool appropriate. 

Jane has provided notes on her Ravelry project page so you too can make your very own 3/4 sleeve Modified Gemini. 
gemini2
Great job Jane! This is now on my list of things to knit. I'm trying to narrow down my colour choices, it's a tough call. I'm considering Iris, because it's new and pretty and I just can't get enough of it. Or frogging this knit, which I intend to frog either way, and using this really pretty One Of A Kind colourway to knit my very own Modified Gemini. What do you think?
deep blue v
IMG_3372_2