Tuesday, 9 April 2013

Booties and Hats!

IMG_4636copy

Here's our boy, all geared up for his first stroller walk. We just made a short trip around the block, but it was fun! Chris and I spent a lot of time walking around our neighbourhood waiting for Rowan to decide that it was time to join us. Having him here now to walk with us is certainly a treat. We've tried a few newborn hats in the past 5 days, and the best one by far is this Easy Peasy Newborn Sock hat.  This hat is awesome. I knit this hat to go with my Moss Sunnyside Baby Cardigan and he wore it when we came home from the hospital. It really stays on, has tons of stretch and is really cute. Knit up in Purple Label Cashmere it can't be beat!

IMG_3940
Pattern: Oh! Baby Baby Booties by DoubleDiamondKnits
Yarn: TFA leftovers in Blue Label and Purple Label, plus a bit of BMFA (the multi's). 
Ravelry project page here

This isn't the first time I've hopped on the bootie train. There is just something about these adorable little socks (or are they baby shoes?) that get me hooked. Once I start I just can't stop. 

I knit the purple pair because I wanted something to match the “in case we have a girl” outfit. They were so cute I decided to knit the red pair (in cashmere!) because babies need cashmere too and because I have the perfect pair of black and white striped pants that need bright red booties to go with them. Then the multicoloured pair, because multi’s are fun. Then the seabreeze pair with the sand soles because most of my baby wardrobe is those shades and now we’re ready for any occasion! Huzzah!
IMG_4663copy
You saw Rowan sporting his Seabreeze booties in his first picture on Sunday, they look adorable and are pretty great. Full disclosure... they don't stay on bare legs as well as I had hoped they would. However, with pants they stay on much better. That super soft baby skin is just too slick for the booties to really stay on well. He'll be wearing them regardless, I have all the patience in the world when it comes to those adorable little feet. 

21 comments:

  1. Congratulations! What a darling little bundle. Love all the knitwear and that crochet blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie! It's so nice to finally see some of your baby knits on your baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a darling boy! I love his grumpy little old man face!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, he looks adorable in his hat and booties. I was just looking for a newborn hat to knit for a friend's baby and this one looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gah! I can't wait to see him in a Gramps cardigan, he is going to suit it perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your son is so adorable! Enjoy every single moment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tanis, you look amazing....giving birth obviously agrees with you. Enjoy Rowan, little boys are great, I have two who are now 28 & 26 and it seems like yesterday that I was holding them in my arms.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! What a precious little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. He's just the cutest little thing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable ... and babies can never have too many booties, right?

    ReplyDelete
  11. You convinced me to cast on for some booties. I had knit a matching little sweater and hat out of a stray skein of Malabrigo Arroyo, and almost had enough for the booties, so I'm making the soles white like on one of your pairs. I'm due the 22nd, but it's been creeping up in temp here in CA, supposed to be in the low 80's today, but I couldn't imagine the baby being born without handknits to take pictures in... I'm not crazy, right? They'll just be heirlooms.

    ReplyDelete
  12. he is absolutely adorable! congratulations! i am beyond thrilled for you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. The photo of the two of you together is so wonderful!! Since having Daniel, I always get all weepy when I see mothers with their newborn babies. I will admit to getting a little choked up when I saw that photo. :) And the knits are beautiful...just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I too love that litte grumpy face! Too adorable, and you are looking well. Keep up the great parenting Mom and Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  15. awww, what a sweet little thing! That hat looks great, and I love his little face in that shot with the red booties. Looks like he has Chris's fair hair!

    ReplyDelete
  16. adorable! congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Be still my beating heart. How adorable is that picture of the two of you! Cute baby knits and Rowan makes them all so much cuter :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats - Rowan is just adorable!
    Our little boy is just a month older (born 06.03) - so I've been reading your blog with a bit bigger interest lately.
    If you want booties, that really stay on - I would suggest these: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/babys-booties-knit - worked fine for us!

    ReplyDelete
  19. He is just precious! Congratulations! What a gift. My son is 12 and I love him to bits. I feel so fortunate to be his Mom. Have fun. Laura

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just making it to this post. Wonderful pictures of your new baby. So thrilled for your family. ~ Lenore

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment! I love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to answer questions right here in the comments, so if you ask a question, be sure to check back because the answer might be here waiting for you! If you have a really specific question that deserves a more in depth answer be sure to leave your e-mail address in your comment so I can get in touch with you.