Sunday 17 March 2013

Chris' Casuals

IMG_3850
IMG_3847
IMG_3854

Pattern: Business Casual Socks by me! 
Yarn: TFA Blue Label Fingering Weight Yarn in Lucky Penny.
Ravelry Project page here.  

I've finished knitting my Business Casual socks! They are terrific. I would go on and on about how much I love this pattern, but since it's my own, that would probably be a little bit tacky. So I'll just let you all admire how nicely these socks fit on Chris' elegant feet and decide how great they are for yourselves. 

The colourway I used is one of my new ones, Lucky Penny. If you click onto the Lucky Penny page on my website and read the colourway description you'll notice that I cannot hide how much I love this colour. It's very, very ME. I want to knit it in every base, for every project, I just can't get enough. I definitely have a Lucky Penny sweater in my future. 

These socks are for Chris. He saw me working on them and kept commenting on how much he liked the colour (aren't we perfect for each other?) but didn't know that they were for him until I asked him to model them for me and told him that he could keep them. He seemed pleased. He didn't exactly do cartwheels over his new socks, but he did say that they were beautiful and that he loved them. That's enough for me.    

I knit these as part of CelticCastOn's Business Casual KAL. Don't you just love a KAL to get you motivated to start and finish a project? Everyone knitting the same pattern at the same time, it's so much fun. I think another TFA KAL is in order. What would you guys like to knit with me next?