Thursday 26 July 2012

Ravellenic Games

The Olympic Games start tomorrow! And you know what that means... the Ravellenic Games also start tomorrow! This is a time where athletes and knitters all over the world challenge themselves to accomplish something awesome. This year we've set up an unofficial TFA Ravellenic Games team, you can sign up in the TFA Ravelry group here. To qualify all you need to do is work on a project in either TFA yarn or a TFA pattern (or both of course!) 

I am going to be very busy over the next few weeks, working hard so I can take some time off to go to a friends wedding, so challenging myself with a massive project just isn't realistic. Instead, my goal is to finish as many WIP's as I can. I've had these two projects nearly completed for a long time now, it's time for them to cross the finish line! This is my Watercolour Blank Canvas Baby Sweater and my Deep Blue V neck sweater

WIP's

The reason my Watercolour sweater is still incomplete is because I was using up little bits of leftover sock yarn to achieve the pastel gradient look, and I started running out of lots of colours! I needed more of that pastel-purple shade in the center of the sweater to feature on the sleeves, but I ran out. Luckily, I have a skein of Hedgehog Fibres yarn in a lovely pastel purple shade called Carousel that will substitute nicely. I cast on for a Clara Dress in this yarn yesterday and will finish it up as soon as I can so I can move forward and use the leftovers to finish the Watercolour sweater. I could have just used what I needed for the Watercolour sweater and then knit the Clara dress after, but I remember from my other Clara dresses (here, here and here... wow! I've gotten a lot of mileage out of this pattern!) that it takes very close to full skein of sock yarn to complete, and I didn't want to risk running short.  

Clara dress

Knocking a few languishing WIP's off my list will feel great. Are you participating in the Game this year? What are you working on?