Tuesday 10 July 2012

A swatch

swatchy!
reverse swatchy!

My brother's baby was due on Friday... but the little joker has yet to arrive. In the family pool I predicted that the baby would come tomorrow, July 11th. I picked that date because it's my dad's birthday, so it's a special day already, why not make it super duper special? At this point it looks like there is a pretty good chance that it will be tomorrow, in which case I think that this baby and I will get a long very well. :)

I have been working on a secret baby blanket project for him/her... they don't know what they're having, it's going to be such a thrill to find out if this baby we've been waiting for is a he or a she! I have been predicting a boy all along (I know, apparently I consider myself quite the baby whisperer, I'm making predictions left and right!) Above is my swatch, the right side and the wrong side. Both sides are lovely, which is exactly what I was going for. A summer baby deserves a wavy, summer beachy blanket. I'm working on the pattern layout today and will hopefully have it ready to share by the time the baby comes!