Friday 16 March 2012

Sheep! and Oh Stella...


Sheep!

I've admired this Sheep Yoke Cardigan pattern for a while now and the other day, while routing around in my non-TFA stash I stumbled upon the perfect yarn for this project. I'm not sure why I initially bought this bag of Dale of Norway Falk yarn, but I have a few skeins of grey and several contrasting pastels, including blue, green and yellow, a perfect match for this pattern! It feels so good to use up stash yarn! My non-TFA stash isn't huge, I've given away most of what I don't love. My stash doesn't weigh on me very heavily (I know that some knitters have major stash anxiety! I get it, but I don't have it) nevertheless I'm still happy to put a few skeins of languishing yarn to good use. I have enough of all of these colours left to make a second cardigan, and I think that someday I just might. 

IMG_3366

I used 2 strands of a mystery mohair yarn that I also found tucked away in the stash to knit the sheep, the extra fuzziness just makes me so happy! I rarely add embroidery to my knits, I have a vague recollection of having embroidered a stem onto an apple on a baby cardigan years ago... But after embroidering the faces and feet onto these sheep I'm a total convert. This sweater went from "oh, sweet" (above) to "OMG s h e e p !!! This is the cutest thing I've ever seen!" with the addition of the embroidery (below). 

Sheep!

This sweater is probably somewhere in the size 6 months range, I think I'm going to stash it away and save it for my brothers baby who is due in July and will be roughly the right size around Christmas. 

Remember this wee little number I knit last year?

Sunnyside Baby Sweater in Moss

It was a sample knit of my Sunnyside Baby Cardigan that I knit in the Moss colourway that has since been discontinued. Since I can't use it as a sample anymore I washed and re-blocked it, thinking that I'd probably give it to my brother (he's going to have one very well knitted-for baby!) After a soak I lay the sweater down in my office in front of the baseboard heater to dry, and of course of all places to park her behind Stella chose to sit squarely on top of the sweater to gaze out the window. Picture me walking into the room, seeing her sitting there and sighing: "Oh Stella..."  

oh Stella!