Thursday, 18 August 2011

River Rapid Socks in cashmere

I finished these socks while on vacation this summer. I'm glad I had them with me because I always underestimate how chilly the Nova Scotia nights can get. We had a few rainy days where these socks came in very handy.

River Rapid Socks - TFA Purple Label in Teal

This is the River Rapid Socks pattern knit in TFA Purple Label Cashmere Sock yarn in the Teal colourway.

You may recognize this lace pattern from my "zigzag lace" phase. I knit this cowl and this sweater featuring this very lace pattern right before I cast on for these socks. I had intended to improvise a design featuring the motif, but then found this pattern waiting for me in my queue! 

River Rapid Socks - TFA Purple Label in Teal

 Great pattern, great yarn, great socks! I'm very happy to have them. 

7 comments:

  1. So beautiful! I love the zigzag pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are so gorgeous!! Does that mean you'd consider having the cowl on modification Mondays? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of the nicest lace patterns I've seen. I, too, would use it on all sorts of knits!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're beautiful! Just the sort of lace pattern that I can handle. The Ravelry link to the pattern didn't work, but I was able to find a PDF by Googling the pattern name. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are lovely, the colour and pattern. Beautifully knitted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are very cute! Nice colors! I love this pattern and just queued it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely socks on very nice sock blockers. May I ask where you got the sock blockers? They look very nice.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment! I love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to answer questions right here in the comments, so if you ask a question, be sure to check back because the answer might be here waiting for you! If you have a really specific question that deserves a more in depth answer be sure to leave your e-mail address in your comment so I can get in touch with you.