Monday 20 December 2010

Secret Santa

Every year my girlfriends from NSCAD and I do a Secret Santa gift exchange. This tradition started while we were in University and has continued on through the years since. Now we are spread out over Canada and on even the US, but we still do the gift exchange. It has become one of my new favorite holiday traditions. Jenna blogged very eloquently about it today.



This year my Secret Santa was Sara Caracristi. I've mentioned her here before because she was one of my bridesmaids and because she is a very talented artist and gave Chris and I a beautiful painting for our wedding. For Christmas she painted this gorgeous canvas of Stella. It is so perfect, she captured her look exactly and I don't think I could love it any more than I do!

Sara has recently opened an Etsy shop with her partner and fellow artist Marcel called 3x4 where they sell small 3"x4" original paintings. Both of their work is amazing. 


Stella likes it too... though she seems to be more interested in the cookie than the canvas.