Tuesday 27 July 2010

TFA Tuesday - Knittinging's Blanket for the Newt

Lately I feel like I've been seeing a lot of beautiful baby blankets being knit out of TFA Green Label Aran weight yarn, and I'm sure that more and more will be popping up on TFA Tuesday in the future! I usually think that baby blankets are the perfect place to use lots of colour and cute stripes or patterns, but I also love the idea of knitting a squooshy baby blanket in a big, all over lace pattern. And that's exactly what this week's TFA Tuesday is all about.

This blanket was knit by Knittinging (project page), in TFA Green Label yarn in the Spearmint colourway. Its the Baby Chalice Blanket and it just looks so lush and lovely.

Knitting lace is always fun, but I usually knit lace shawls, or lace details on socks, both in small yarn on small needles, this big lace looks like a fun change of pace and like it definitely makes for a lovely blanket to wrap around a wee bundle of joy!