Wednesday, 3 February 2010

Works In Progress

I just couldn't help myself. Pretty much as soon as this skein was dry I cast on for another hand-spun BSJ. I'm totally in love with it. I keep holding it up to Chris and saying "isn't this cool?" he nods in agreement (which is just one of the reasons I know for sure that he loves me, he pretends to think that my hand-spun is cool.) I love this little piece of knitting so much that it has convinced me that I need to offer up my rovings dyed in multi's, so as soon as I get on top of my orders I'm going to set some time aside to dye up tons of multicoloured rovings, they're just too much fun to spin and knit with!


WIP #2:

I'm knitting another lovely pattern from my favorite sock book. It's the Embossed Leaves sock from Interweave Favorite Socks knit in my Mallard colourway. Lovely, no?

I've got a couple other projects stewing around in my brain just waiting to come to fruition. I've got 2 new yarns coming out this Spring, one of which I've been teasing you with for a while and I'm told that I should have it by the end of the month! Can't wait! The second yarn is still a surprise but I'm sure that you are all going to love it! I'm working on new colour recipes, and planning on saying goodbye to a couple of my current colours. I'll be sad to see them go, and I haven't decided exactly which colours are leaving yet, but when I do I'll give them a proper farewell on the blog.

Another really big project that I'm working on is putting together a sock yarn of the month club. What do you think? Is this something that people would be interested in? I've gotten a couple of e-mails from keen knitters asking that I do something like this. The thing is, I wouldn't be able to supply a pattern for every months shipment because I'm only one person and I'm just not that good, but I could dye a custom club colourway every month, sometimes multi's and sometimes tonal's, I could do them in a couple of bases (hint, my other new yarn base is a fingering weight yarn!) and I could offer it as a yearly 12 month membership, or an every-other-month 6 month membership... Thoughts? Feedback? A club is something that I've been wanting to do for a while now, so I hope that you guys think that it's a good idea too!

11 comments:

  1. I do like the idea of a yarn club, and I would not mind at all if patterns weren't included. I would probably prefer to just have the yarn :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm all for a yarn club!! Can't have enough yarn. :) Also - will you give us some warning before you stop selling certain colors? In case we want to snatch some up? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it sounds good. Sad to say but some of my lys have closed their doors so it would be an opportunity, would you ship to NY or does it get to be too costly?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would definitely sign up for a sock club! Personally, I'd prefer every other month because I couldn't keep up if it were monthly. (And as I'm trying to knit down my stash, I would feel guilty adding to it, instead of subtracting from it.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, every other month would great! Otherwise my stash will take over my house...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also like the every other month option. And as I was searching for yarn clubs this year, I thought how great it would be for you to do one since it would give you a chance to play with colors and also share it. And, while patterns are nice, I rarely knit patterns with the specified yarn and vice versa.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favourite club is 2 skeins every other month. You get the equivalent of yarn every month but totally save on shipping costs. And with you shipping from/within Canada this will be a biggie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would be interested in a yarn club.
    Your yarn looks so inviting...would love to try it. Every other month would be great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tanis I think it is a great idea, I just joined a sock of the month that is patterns only, that starts in March, so I'll have all of these patterns and need yarn. Can't wait to see your new colourways, and rovings. spinning is in my future this year!! Maybe a roving of the month?? Just a thought. Love the little jacket it is sooo beautiful!
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tanis
    I would love it! I don't always use the pattern that come with my other sock clubs,so I wouldn't miss anything. Can't wait to see what you have cooking!
    marissa

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would definitely be into this. I almost always use Tanis sock yarn, so I would certainly join this club, whether it was monthly or bi-monthly.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment! I love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to answer questions right here in the comments, so if you ask a question, be sure to check back because the answer might be here waiting for you! If you have a really specific question that deserves a more in depth answer be sure to leave your e-mail address in your comment so I can get in touch with you.