Wednesday 3 February 2010

Works In Progress

I just couldn't help myself. Pretty much as soon as this skein was dry I cast on for another hand-spun BSJ. I'm totally in love with it. I keep holding it up to Chris and saying "isn't this cool?" he nods in agreement (which is just one of the reasons I know for sure that he loves me, he pretends to think that my hand-spun is cool.) I love this little piece of knitting so much that it has convinced me that I need to offer up my rovings dyed in multi's, so as soon as I get on top of my orders I'm going to set some time aside to dye up tons of multicoloured rovings, they're just too much fun to spin and knit with!


WIP #2:

I'm knitting another lovely pattern from my favorite sock book. It's the Embossed Leaves sock from Interweave Favorite Socks knit in my Mallard colourway. Lovely, no?

I've got a couple other projects stewing around in my brain just waiting to come to fruition. I've got 2 new yarns coming out this Spring, one of which I've been teasing you with for a while and I'm told that I should have it by the end of the month! Can't wait! The second yarn is still a surprise but I'm sure that you are all going to love it! I'm working on new colour recipes, and planning on saying goodbye to a couple of my current colours. I'll be sad to see them go, and I haven't decided exactly which colours are leaving yet, but when I do I'll give them a proper farewell on the blog.

Another really big project that I'm working on is putting together a sock yarn of the month club. What do you think? Is this something that people would be interested in? I've gotten a couple of e-mails from keen knitters asking that I do something like this. The thing is, I wouldn't be able to supply a pattern for every months shipment because I'm only one person and I'm just not that good, but I could dye a custom club colourway every month, sometimes multi's and sometimes tonal's, I could do them in a couple of bases (hint, my other new yarn base is a fingering weight yarn!) and I could offer it as a yearly 12 month membership, or an every-other-month 6 month membership... Thoughts? Feedback? A club is something that I've been wanting to do for a while now, so I hope that you guys think that it's a good idea too!