Monday 23 November 2009

Multitasker Tote The Second

Back in April I bought a bunch of lovely designer fabrics and patterns, with the goal of doing more sewing. By May I had made my first Multitasker Tote. I loved it then and over 6 months of constant use means that I love it even more now! It's the perfect tote. I bring it with me shopping and can avoid coming home with plastic bags. I stuff it full of yarn and WIP's when I go visit my parents and want to show my mom what I'm working on. It carries a lot, is very comfortable and also, is very cute! I get a lot of compliments on it, so the other day when I was itching for a little sewing project to do, I decided to make myself another tote.

I used a combination of Anna Maria Horner fabrics for the body and the strap, and a lovely brown and turquoise polka-dot that I picked up at Fabricville for the pockets and lining. I really like the way they work together.

I made the straps a tiny bit shorter this time so the bag sits a little higher on my hip.

It took us a couple tries to get a decent shot outdoors. We were trying to stage it as though Stella and I were just casually standing in front of a tree.

People say she's photogenic, but it often takes a lot of coaxing to get the shot!