Wednesday 23 September 2009

Rendezvous

I don't remember when exactly it happened, but sometime, a little while back I made a couple blog-friends. That's definitely one of the coolest things about blogs, you get to know people by reading their blogs, they get to know you by reading yours, or even if you don't have a blog, they get to know you through your comments. Back when I was still new to the blogging scene I came across Glenna's blog and quickly became a big fan. She's always knitting interesting things and is just so clever and witty that her posts are always fun to read. She also has a leaning towards blue, which I can't fault her for! When I discovered that she was knitting with my yarns I was thrilled!

Again, I don't know when it happened but somewhere along the line we started talking about patterns. She had some great ideas and offered to design something specifically for my yarn! I was so excited. She picked a colour and off she went. Not too long after she presented me with the Rendezvous jacket:



I really liked it when I saw the work in progress shots, the textures moss stitch panels, the cables, the attention to detail, it was all looking great. When I saw the finished product in person at the K-W Fair, I was floored. Glenna is such a great knitter, you should see the inside of this jacket, the finishing is perfect!


I have a couple favorite things about this design. Like the details I already mentioned, I also love how the back of the collar is plain knitting but the front is textured. I love the 3/4 length sleeves with the moss stitch "hem". It's hard to see in the photo's, but there is a row of garter stitch that defines the bust line that I find particularly clever.

I have high hopes for my own Rendezvous Jacket. It's definitely on my Fall knitting list, I think I'm going to knit mine in Shadow.

This is the first of (hopefully) several designs by Glenna for Tanis Fiber Arts, she's cooking up a couple other ideas now and I can't wait to see what comes of them. This could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

To purchase your own copy of Rendezvous, visit Glenna's Ravelry store.