Tuesday 25 August 2009

Elijah in Pink

Last year I knit Ysolda Teague's adorable Elijah stuffed elephant for my cousin's baby Elliot. It was so adorable and I immediately fell in love with it. I borrowed it to use in my booth at the Toronto Knitters Frolic last April, but figured that it would be cruel to steal a baby's stuffed animal on a regular basis and that I'd be better off just making my own to bring to the Kitchener-Waterloo Knitters Fair this September. This time I made mine in Sweet Heart pink.

The pattern was just as clever and fun to knit the second time around. I'll confess, this afternoon I laid down for a bit of a nap and couldn't resist sticking with my new stuffed elephant under my arm. He fit perfectly, and his little limbs were very comforting snuggling in the palm of my hand.

I doubt this will be the last time I knit this pattern.