Wednesday 1 July 2009

Blue and Green

Yesterday's drafting turned into last night's spinning, then last night's spinning turned into this:

144 yards. A bit better than last time. Here's another view:


It goes very nicely with my last skein of handspun. Maybe instead of a hat I'll make a striped scarf?

I dyed some roving yesterday too, which I'm finding very enjoyable. I don't have a set plan for when I dye roving yet, I'm still in the experimental stage. I just put down colours that I like and that I think will go well together. I really love this one and can't wait to spin it.

I've realized something that I've probably always know, I really like cool shades of blue and green, purple too. My brother Vince thinks I need to branch out and dye more orange. I think I'll try that next, because left to my own devices, there's a lot of blue and green going on around here.