Thursday 4 December 2008

Tough times for blogging

There has been a lot of knitting going on around here lately, lots of stuff I'm very happy with, but oddly, there has been very little blogging to go along with said knitting. There are a couple reasons for this: one, is that I'm knitting Christmas gifts, and I'm worried that if I post about them, then they won't be a surprise for the recipient, two, it's December, and the lighting has been pretty dreary these days, I've tried taking pictures of a couple things and they've all ended up looking sad and grey... I'll have to hope for a sunny day soon to properly document my work in a favorable light. 

So, while I'm not sharing any of my recent work here today, I thought that I was overdue for a post and decided to show and tell a couple images from my "fiber inspiration" photo file. Here's something I stumbled across on Etsy:


I am having an impossible time finding the seller of these adorable felted owls on Etsy right now, if I come up with something, I'll let you know asap. I'm not sure what they're supposed to be used for, but I think that they are just so cute!

Next up we have this gorgeous version of the Babette blanket. Inspired by this version, I bought the pattern, despite not knowing how to crochet. I plan on learning and making my own Babette in monochromatic tones someday.


And lastly for today, we have the Colourwheel quilt from Joelle Hoverson's awesome book. I bought the kit, I made my quilt a bit bigger to fit a twin bed, and have already had it quilted, now I just have to sew the binding and it'll officially be finished. I attempted to photograph mine, but it was too gloomy to really show it off at it's finest. It really is striking, I'm in love with it. And even though I've already been inspired by this quilt and made this project, I know the colour wheel will continue to inspire me for years to come.


Christmas knitting has been keeping me busy lately, but I'm almost done (I think) and am really looking forward to knitting a bigger project, for me! I've got a couple sweaters swimming around in my mind that I think I'll be swatching for soon.